Hosting friends or bringing food to a party? This Vegan Greek Dip is an easy appetizer that requires no cooking and less than 20 minutes to assemble! Freshness guaranteed!
All credits for this recipe go to my fabulous friend Katie, who’s an avid hostess and an absolute gold mine for party planning ideas of all sorts. I’ve been lucky enough to attend some of her themed parties and she pulls out all the stops (she served a full breakfast buffet once, I’m serious!). She’s my go to for decor, games, and of course great food inspo!! I’m sharing her recipe veganized so you can all make a delicious fresh appy for your next date night or party!
How do I prepare the vegan greek dip?
This dip couldn’t be any easier to put together. Wash and prep all your veggies then follow these 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Layer hummus on the bottom of your serving dish.
Step 2: Layer vegan tzatziki or dill dip on top of the hummus.
Step 3: Add chopped veggies, vegan feta, fresh dill and greek seasoning. Serve with pitas, veggies or chips of your choice!
What should I pair with the dip?
Whether you are making this dip for a party, date night, or yourself (stores well in the fridge up to 3 days 😉 ) make sure you grab the best dippers. I chose small round pitas but this would serve well with fresh veggies or even chips. Options are only limited by your imagination!
If you want to be a little extra you can warm your pitas drizzled with a bit of oil and greek seasoning in the oven at 350° for 5 minutes.
What if I can’t find vegan store bought tzatziki or dill dip?
It can be so frustrating when the grocery store doesn’t have a vegan option for something! Fear not, you can whisk up a vegan tzatziki quickly with a few simple ingredients:
- plain vegan yogurt
- onion powder + garlic powder
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh dill
- pinch of salt
See the specific measurements in the recipe listed below! ⬇️ ⬇️
Vegan Greek Dip
- 2 cups classic (plain) hummus storebought
- 1 cup vegan tzatziki or dill dip store bought such as Spread'Em Tzatziki Cashew Dip OR Daniel's Dill Dip (or see below ingredients for homemade)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan feta such as Nafsika's Feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon greek seasoning oregano works fine too!
- pitas, chips or veggies for serving
Whisk together the following ingredients for homemade tzatziki:
- 3/4 cup vegan plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber grated & pressed in a clean dishcloth to remove excess water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- Layer your hummus on the bottom of a small to medium sized serving dish.
- Add a layer of vegan tzatziki or dill dip on top of the hummus. *If you were unable to find store bought dip add the homemade version from above instead.
- Lastly layer the chopped cherry tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, cucumber, vegan feta, fresh dill and greek seasoning.
- If you can’t find store bought vegan tzatziki or dill dip make your own following the ingredients listed above! ⬆️
- Feeling extra? Warm your pitas drizzled in oil and greek seasoning in the oven at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Keeps well in the fridge covered with tinfoil for up to 3 days.
Leave a comment below or use #shesplantpowered on instagram to let me know if you tried this recipe! Can’t wait to hear what you think 💚