A popular breakfast made vegan and gluten free so you can enjoy your breakfast to the fullest! This Vegan French Toast with Strawberries is perfect for breakfast lovers who want a simple and delicious recipe. It takes 25 minutes from start to finish and BONUS you get to add all your favorite toppings!
I have been a huge Just Egg fan since I first tried this plant based alternative to eggs a few months ago. This egg alternative tastes great on it’s own or in a recipe (like this one!). I wasn’t shocked when I was able to use the liquid Just Egg to make killer french toast. I sent the recipe to my sister in law (who isn’t vegan) and she loved it so I’m considering it non-vegan approved too!
How do I make Vegan French Toast?
This recipe has 4 simple steps:
- Prepare the french toast batter: Whisk together liquid Just Egg, unsweetened oat milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Dip the bread: Add the french toast batter to a container or plate and dip the slices of bread ensuring to cover both sides.
- Cook the french toast: Heat a large pan over medium heat and add butter. Cook each slice for 3 to 4 minutes per side until browned.
- Top the french toast: Add your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, whip and strawberries!
On the hunt for more breakfast recipes? Check these out:
Vegan French Toast with Strawberries
- 8 slices gluten free bread
- 1/4 cup liquid Just Egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened oat milk or any other plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 4 – 6 strawberries sliced into bite size pieces
- coconut whip optional for serving
- maple syrup optional for serving
- Whisk together the liquid Just Egg, unsweetened oat milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Add the french toast batter to a container or plate large enough to dip slices of bread in without making a mess. Dip slices of bread in the french toast batter ensuring both sides are well covered.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt some butter in the pan. Add the battered bread to the pan cooking 3 to 4 minutes per side until browned.
- Serve with maple syrup, whip, and sliced strawberries!
- Only cooking breakfast for one or two? Save the leftover french toast batter in an airtight container to use for breakfast another day! The batter holds up well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this vegan + gluten free french toast recipe! 💚