Looking for something to whip up for breakfast? Look no further, I got you! This Tofu Breakfast Scramble is quick, fresh, and delicious!
Maybe you’ve never cooked tofu before? Or maybe you’ve never tried it?? If you’re in the mood to try something new today, this Tofu Breakfast Scramble won’t disappoint! When my husband and I first started testing out tofu we ate it in a scramble similar to this one! This scramble has been on regular rotation for us ever since. I love a dish you can pair up with Air Fried Potatoes and top with your favorite things like avocado or guacamole, pickled red onion and cilantro, and of course Sriracha. Hot sauce for breakfast? YES PLEASE.
Why should you try this Tofu Breakfast Scramble?
- It tastes delicious! All the ingredients come together to make a fresh and tasty dish.
- It’s good for you! Every 100g of tofu has 8g of protein.
- It’s so colorful – Turmeric gives the tofu a beautiful yellow color. Jalapeño, green onion & cherry tomatoes give it a stunning pop of color! I like to think eating lots of colors makes my insides happy!
- It pairs with all kinds of delicious things like avocado toast or these crispy Air Fried Potatoes.
- Its easy clean up! One pan is all you need.
Set aside 20 minutes, 10 ingredients, and a frying pan, and let’s get cooking!
Tofu Breakfast Scramble
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or your preferred oil)
- 1 jalapeño (with seeds for a little extra heat) finely diced
- 1 16oz block extra firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (if you don't have this don't sweat it! It just helps tofu get an eggier flavour)
- 1/4 cup salsa (mild, hot, spicy – whatever your preference)
- 1/4 cup green onions roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add oil followed by diced jalapeño. Cook 2 minutes until the jalapeño is soft and fragrant.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan (no need to press your tofu as the water will evaporate during cooking). Add turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, black salt (or regular salt if that is what you have). Use a wooden spoon or spatula to continue mixing and breaking apart the tofu. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix every so often to ensure it cooks evenly. You'll want to make sure the tofu starts to dry up a bit.
- Add salsa and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until all liquid is absorbed by the tofu.
- Remove the scramble from heat, add cherry tomatoes & green onions. Give it a good mix and you have yourself a quick and easy Tofu Breakfast Scramble!
- Make these Air Fried Potatoes as a side to complete your breakfast!
- Use a spicy salsa to give your scramble a hot kick.