Crisp, fresh, and packed with nutrients this Farmers Market Veggie Bagel hits the spot. Made in under ten minutes this bagel sandwich is perfect for your busiest mornings or afternoons!
I got the idea to make this Veggie Bagel Sandwich after a trip to the farmers market with my sister last spring. Not quite eating vegan yet at the time but consciously trying to eat more vegetables I ordered the veggie bagel when we hit the bagel stand. I remember eating it wondering why I had never thought to load up my bagels at home with fresh veggies. It was bursting with flavour, so fresh and crisp.
Sitting across from my sister in the busy farmers market food hall I vowed to re-create a fresh cream cheese and veggie loaded bagel of my own at home. I’ve easily made this vegan combination over 50 times since.
What veggies should you put in your veggie bagel?
There are so many veggies that are great options in a bagel sandwich. Visit a local farmers market if you have access to one to shop for some fresh vegetables for your bagel!
Here are some ideas:
- alfalfa sprouts
- bell peppers of any colour
- red onion
- green onion
This is your sign to visit a farmers market & load up your bagels with veggies!
Farmers Market Veggie Bagel
- 1 toaster
- 1 tablespoon vegan cream cheese such as Sheese garlic and herb spread
- your faveorite bagel I used everything bagels
- 1/2 small avocado thinly sliced
- 3 slices cucumber thinly sliced on an angle for a longer slice
- 1/4 small red peper thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1/8 small red onion thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Prepare the veggies by washing and slicing them.
- Toast your bagel!
- Spread vegan cream cheese on both sides of your toasted bagel.
- Layer the avocado, cucumber, red pepper, red onion and sprouts on the bagel. Press down lightly on the bagel sandwich to help keep all the veggies in place.
- Take a big creamy veggie loaded bite! Enjoy
- Use whatever vegan cream cheese and bagels your heart desires, change up the veggies for your favourites!
- Bonus points if you make this bagel with fresh farmers market ingredients!!
Share in the comments below what veggie combos you try!