These Dill Chick’n Quesadillas are creamy, crispy & cheesy in under 20 minutes! If you’re looking for a quick and delicious lunch, your search is over!
Could dill be one of the best herbs to eat fresh? In my opinion, yes! Dill is great in a salad, in a sauce, in a sandwich – I’ll have dill in just about everything, quesadillas included!
Working from home during the pandemic has been great for many reasons, one is having access to my own kitchen for lunch! I don’t however want to spend my whole lunch break cooking so I started testing out quesadillas because 1. they are delicious & 2. they are fast to make. After a few decent lunches of combining different ingredients in a quesadilla I found myself staring at fresh dill in the fridge. You obviously know I couldn’t resist. For many weeks now I’ve been buying fresh dill on a weekly basis because I am full on obsessed! I hope you will be too!
Another reason to make these dill chick’n quesadillas, is that you can dip them in the same creamy dill dip you put inside them! Foods you can dip are always a good time!
Use the comment section below to let me know if you are a dill fan and liked this recipe!
Dill Chick’n Quesadillas
- 1 large pan
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tablepoons fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese such as Violife Tex Mex Shredded
- 1 cup vegan chick'n such as Tofurky Lightly Seasoned Chick'n
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 wraps
- To a medium size bowl add the following ingredients: vegan mayo, sour cream, oil, dill, onion powder, garlic powder and whisk until smooth and well combined. Remove half the creamy dill dip from the bowl and set aside for dipping!
- To the bowl with the remaining dip add the red pepper, shredded cheese, chick'n and salt + pepper to taste. With a spoon mix to combine the ingredients and ensure the creamy dill dip covers all ingredients.
- Lay both wraps down on a cutting board or counter to add half the quesadilla filling to each. Spread the filling over 1/2 the wrap and fold the side without filling over. Press down gently.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add oil. Add both folded quesadillas to the pan. Cook them for 4 – 5 minutes per side until golden and crispy. Keep a close eye on them to ensure they don't burn!
- Remove the quesadillas from heat and cut with a pizza cutter. Serve with the remaining creamy dill dip.
- If you can’t find fresh dill or only have dried dill on hand no worries these quesadillas will still taste great, promise – I’ve made them this way often!