Happy Saturday!! I am excited to be posting my first recipe for 2022! Kicking things off with a fresh and vibrant Chickpea Salad! This recipe is quick, easy and packed full of goodness for your insides. This salad is also downright delicious and will leave you feeling extra hydrated. Who doesn’t want that?!
January has always been a month I aim to survive rather than enjoy. For years I felt stuck with a new year, new you mentality and would see the new year as an opportunity to reinvent myself or rather lose a bunch of weight. This year I didn’t feel the need to set strict goals or pick apart my body to determine what needed to change. Instead I’m choosing to enjoy my January by practicing balance. It’s a new year but that doesn’t mean you have to change, the old you was just fine. Don’t punish yourself for indulging in extra treats while enjoying the holidays with friends and family. Instead try showing yourself some love and appreciation for making it another year! Drink more water and eat more fresh foods because you love your body, not because you want a different one. Eat salads and eat pizza. Find balance, please don’t stress yourself out with impossibly strict diets. Small intentions everyday add up. Cheers to finding balance and self love in 2022!
What’s in Chickpea Salad?
- Chickpeas – good source of plant protein and fiber + packed with vitamin B9 (Folate)
- Green peppers – adds the perfect crunch and provides a rich dose of vitamin C
- English cucumber – hydrating and refreshing
- Grape tomatoes – micronutrient powerhouse bringing a high dose of vitamin A
- Red onion – adds beautiful color to the salad and provides antioxidants
- Vegan Feta – don’t sleep on Nafsika’s Garden Feta, this stuff is insanely delicious
- Salad Dressing – made up of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder and salt + pepper this dressing is simple and delicious
Incase you missed some of She’s Plant Powered recipes in 2021 be sure to check these out:
Thanks again for spending time on my little corner of the internet! Rate the recipe below or leave a comment to spread the love 🖤
- 1 (14 ounce) can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 1 large english cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 package grape tomatoes diced
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 1 package (200 g) vegan feta such as Nafsika's Garden Feta Style
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, green peppers, cucumber, grape tomatoes, red onion and vegan feta.
- Combine remaining salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add dressing to the salad and mix to combine. Serve and enjoy!
- Perfect for make ahead lunches as this recipe stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days!