Short on time or maybe not in the mood to make an elaborate dinner? Try this 20 Minute Vegan Alfredo Pasta! It’s simple and requires very few ingredients. It’s also made in one pot which makes clean up nice and easy. No mountains of dishes here!!
Many of us live very busy lives and somedays fitting in time for a lengthy recipe isn’t possible! Other days we simply don’t feel like cooking and would rather throw something together quickly so we can move on with our day. This 20 Minute Vegan Alfredo Pasta was created on a day where my pantry was missing my staple store bought boxed Vegan Alfredo. I always like to have a box on hand in case I get an “I don’t feel like cooking” kinda mood. When this mood struck and I was missing my go to store bought solution I got creative and made my own!
I am sharing this recipe with you for the next time an “I don’t feel like cooking” kinda mood strikes!
What ingredients do I need to make an easy Vegan Alfredo Pasta?
You can throw together a delicious Vegan Alfredo with these simple ingredients:
- A box of your favourite pasta
- Reserved pasta water
- Vegan cream cheese, such as Sheese Original
- Vegan Parmesan, such as Violife Parmesan
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh Parsley
There is no shortage of pasta recipes to be found on She’s Plant Powered! Check these out if you are hungry for more:
20 Minute Vegan Alfredo Pasta
- 1 box pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 4 tablespoons vegan cream cheese such as Sheese original
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese such a Violife Parmesan
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley (optional for serving)
- vegan parmesan cheese (optional for serving)
- Boil water for your pasta in a large pot. Once the water is boiling add salt followed by your pasta of choice. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Before draining reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained return it to the pot over medium low heat and quickly (to avoid burning the cooked pasta) add the vegan cream cheese and half of the reserved pasta water. Mix until the cream cheese has melted.
- Fold in the vegan parmesan and mix for another few minutes until this has also melted into the sauce. Add more reseved pasta water if necessary.
- Add Italian seasoning, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Plate the pasta and top with more vegan parmesan and freshly chopped parsley.
- This Vegan Alfredo Pasta is best eaten fresh!
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below 💚